Cam buckles can be confusing to thread webbing onto for the first time. This video explains the proper procedure for feeding webbing onto a 1″ toothless cam buckle. Cam buckles come in all different sizes, so make sure the strength of your buckle is appropriate for the item you are securing. US Cargo Control shows you the right way to thread a strap through the buckle.
Threading a toothless cam buckle involves 4 basic steps:
- Open the buckle and feed the webbing between the guides.
- Loop the webbing back through the buckle.
- Next, feed the webbing through the slot in the mandrel and pull it tight.
- Close the buckle, and now the webbing is in place.
For more information or to purchase the items used in this video, click on the links below.
- 1″ Toothless Cam Buckle
- 1″ x 300′ Red Polyester Cargo Webbing
- 1″ x 300′ Blue Polyester Cargo Webbing
- 1″ x 300′ Green Polyester Cargo Webbing
- 1″ x 300′ Black Polyester Cargo Webbing
- 1″ x 300′ Yellow Polyester Cargo Webbing