Anyone with a smartphone and data connection can send emails, shop for goods, make reservations, and connect with friends or even total strangers. However, the endless amount of resources available on the internet can be, at times, completely overwhelming. Sometimes it feels like digging through an unorganized toolbox, trying to find the exact right tool for a job. The frustrating part (of both the internet and your messy toolbox) is you know the perfect solution is in there somewhere.
The Right Tool for the Job
Apps help to organize some of what the internet has to offer. Whether for business, entertainment, music, or health, apps usually stick to serving one designated function or solving one specific problem. They save time by storing user information and being quickly accessible.
- ICG ProfitCalc – a bidding app that helps you negotiate with brokers and shippers smarter. It calculates specific profit margins based on your projected annual costs and specific load-by-load rate calculations. The calculations are based on load mileage and other key details, and this is all clearly laid out for you in fillable data fields. A onetime cost of $15 will get you this number crunching app.
- Trucker Path – a free navigation app that will help you find the nearest truck stop, gas station (with truck clearance), repair shop, or weigh station no matter where you are. The big benefit of this app is that it updates in real time to tell you if a weigh station is open or closed, if there’s available parking at any given truck stop, and even current fuel prices at gas stations.
- Rolling Strong – a free health and wellness app from a company dedicated to the wellbeing of truck drivers. The app offers nutritional guidance by suggesting meals and exercise programs based on your daily sleep, exercise, and water and calorie intake. Maybe the coolest feature is the fitness competitions with other drivers who use the app. The motivation to win these competitions? Points that can be used towards food, merchandise, and free showers. The Rolling Strong App is free to download.
- iHeartRadio – a music, radio, and podcast app with various subscription levels to choose from. The free version gives you access to AM/FM radio stations from around the world. You can skip up to six songs per hour, per station. iHeart Plus gives you more control over what plays. For $5 a month, you can play specific tracks on demand and have unlimited skips. The All Access subscription is $10 per month. This one allows you to listen even while offline; no need for a wi-fi or data connection. Both paid versions offer a 30-day free trial.
- Facebook – you probably already use this social media platform, but the free Facebook app makes it even easier to stay connected and take advantage of all that Facebook has to offer. For example, you can play games with your friends and even buy and sell items and services on the Facebook Marketplace. Share and store pictures and video, and even message and video chat with friends and family– all from the app. While you’re at it, follow the US Cargo Control Facebook page for great deals and information.
Share your Best Trucker Apps
Have any trucker specific apps that have come in handy for you? Help others out by sharing them in the comments below!