If you’re considering E-track for your trailer or truck, or even a non-transport use, such as in the garage for storage, all of the different options in track and accessories can be confusing.
One of the most important choices will be e-track straps and tie downs. Cam buckle straps and ratchet straps are the most popular straps, but there are differences between the two that can help you decide which will work best for your job.
E-Track Ratchet Straps
– The tighter tension makes ratchet straps for e-track better for securing large, heavy loads.
– E-track ratchet straps have a work load limit and break strength than e-track cam buckle straps.
E-Track Cam Buckle Straps
– E-track cambuckle straps are simpler to assemble and use than e-track ratchet straps.
– Tension is more easily controlled with cam straps so there’s less danger of over-tightening and damaging more fragile cargo.
– E-track cam buckle straps are quick to secure and more convenient to use.
All of our e-track ratchet straps and e-track cam straps are available in three sizes, each in a tough 6,000 lb. polyester webbing:
E-track straps are typically color-coded for easy identification of length:
- Yellow = 12′
- Gray = 16′
- Blue = 20′