7×19 wire rope from US Cargo Control is an excellent general purpose steel cable. Also referred to as aircraft cable, the construction includes 7 strands with 19 wires per strand in galvanized steel, creating a smaller diameter cable that is flexible and resistant to corrosion. With many sizes and styles available, US Cargo Control is ready to help you with your 7×19 wire rope needs.
US Cargo Control offers hoist cable in a wide variety of classes and finishes for nearly any application. Using wire rope for a hoist cable is ideal in most situations since it is best in outdoor environments, remaining consistent in wet and dry climates. Our category of hoist cable includes 304 stainless steel, galvanized and bright wire cable. Common classes of wire rope include 6×19, 6×37, and 7×19. Visit US Cargo Control.com to shop our wide selection of hoist cable and other wire rope.
Plastic coated cable from US Cargo Control comes in 7×19 Stainless Steel or Galvanized finish. A 7 strand with 19 wires per strand construction results in a cable that is flexible and creates excellent resistance to corrosion. Adding a plastic coating adds a layer of protection that shields your cable from abrasions. Plastic coated cable is easier to handle than non-coated steel cable and also seals in lubricant to reduce wear on pulleys and sheaves. For more information on plastic coated cable, visit US Cargo Control.com.
One of our newer popular product lines in cable railing, you can check this post: Cable Railing Systems for an overview of our wire cable rail products and also information on how to order.
We installed some cable railings in our warehouse to create a safe storage area above our safe room:
A few things to note when installing cable railing:
- Before beginning, research the local building code requirements for railings, decks, etc.
- The first step in configuring your design is determining the location of the end and intermediate posts. This is required first before you can determine cable lengths, number of cables and assemblies, and any hardware necessary. Generally, it’s best to install the posts prior to determining cable measurements.
- Our cable assemblies are designed to go horizontally from the fixed end, through intermediate posts, and then tensioned or secured at secure end posts.
- Using a turnbuckle is highly recommended, as it allows you to re-tension the cable if it ever starts to sag. It’s not necessary structurally to use a turnbuckle for 28′ or less cable , but including one can also increase the cable span allowance to up to 50′.
- When accommodating corners, we recommend you terminate the cable and start a new run. While contractors may use a continuous run around a corner, it can impact the allowable cable span. If it’s necessary to run cable around a corner, the max. angle is typically 45° for 1×19 cable. This will preserve the cable’s integrity of the cable, and can be achieved by using a two post corner.
For more information on our stainless steel cable railing systems, see our Cable Railing Systems to download a product catalog and guide. Products can be ordered by calling our sales specialists at 888-794-0584. They will also be happy to answer any questions you may have.
US Cargo Control offers a wide variety of stranded cable for a variety of jobs. Available in class 6×19, 6×37, 7×19 and as a specialty wire rope, US Cargo Control is sure to have the stranded cable wire rope you need. Stranded cable consists of wires, strands, and a core formed into a spiral pattern, which creates very strong and durable rope. 6×19 stranded cable is our most versatile and widely used due to its combination of strength and durability. For more information or to shop stranded cable, visit US Cargo Control.com.
US Cargo Control offers wire rope for many uses including crane cable. There are many different lines of cable on a crane and all have specific characteristics and uses. There are wire ropes for main lines, auxiliary lines, hoist lines, tag lines, among many more. Available in 6×19 and 6×37 classes, these cables will give you strength and flexibility. For more information on Crane Cable, visit USCargoControl.com.
Winch Cable from US Cargo Control comes in a wide variety of sizes and styles. Offering 6×17, 6×37 and 7×19 wire rope, US Cargo Control has winch cable and other wire rope cable perfect for mooring lines, winch cable lines, trolley lines, slings, railings, among many other uses. Winch cable consists of wires, strands, and a core formed into a spiral pattern which creates a very strong and durable cable. With many configurations to choose from, US Cargo Control is ready to help you with your winch cable needs.
US Cargo Control offers a large selection of steel cable for nearly any application. With many types, from fiber core wire rope to steel core cable, you’re sure to find what you need. Steel cable comes in a strong 6×19 configuration and a more flexible 6×37 cable. Other variations include 7×19 aircraft cable, stainless steel cable railing, and specialty wire like compacted, swaged,drill line,and sand line. Some configurations have a smaller diameter, making them great for lighter duty options. For more information and for to see our entire selection of steel cable, as well as accessories such as clamps, turnbuckles, clips, thimbles, etc., visit our website at uscargocontrol.com. Not sure what type or size of wire rope you need? Call our product specialists at 800-660-3585. They’ll be happy to help with advice or place an order for you.