One of our newer popular product lines in cable railing, you can check this post: Cable Railing Systems for an overview of our wire cable rail products and also information on how to order.
We installed some cable railings in our warehouse to create a safe storage area above our safe room:
A few things to note when installing cable railing:
- Before beginning, research the local building code requirements for railings, decks, etc.
- The first step in configuring your design is determining the location of the end and intermediate posts. This is required first before you can determine cable lengths, number of cables and assemblies, and any hardware necessary. Generally, it’s best to install the posts prior to determining cable measurements.
- Our cable assemblies are designed to go horizontally from the fixed end, through intermediate posts, and then tensioned or secured at secure end posts.
- Using a turnbuckle is highly recommended, as it allows you to re-tension the cable if it ever starts to sag. It’s not necessary structurally to use a turnbuckle for 28′ or less cable , but including one can also increase the cable span allowance to up to 50′.
- When accommodating corners, we recommend you terminate the cable and start a new run. While contractors may use a continuous run around a corner, it can impact the allowable cable span. If it’s necessary to run cable around a corner, the max. angle is typically 45° for 1×19 cable. This will preserve the cable’s integrity of the cable, and can be achieved by using a two post corner.
For more information on our stainless steel cable railing systems, see our Cable Railing Systems to download a product catalog and guide. Products can be ordered by calling our sales specialists at 888-794-0584. They will also be happy to answer any questions you may have.